IMSLP portal issue

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

mikemoral
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

IMSLP portal issue

Post by mikemoral »

The IMSLP landing page has a broken link to the forums which should be fixed.
--Mikemoral,

Wikimedian and musician
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Re: IMSLP portal issue

Post by pml »

Thanks for the report. The broken link is a known issue; as mentioned elsewhere, "Feldmahler is going to re-program the imslpforums.org DNS to point towards the new server, that is programmed already for being invoked also with such a domain name, and resolve it to the directory where these forums are located. So the old link is supposed to be OK soon."

PML
--
PML (talk)
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

It has been like that for several days now, though...maybe it would be easier to just link directly to imslp.eu (like the link in the wiki sidebar)? The portal link doesn't access a specific topic, after all - just the board index.
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

Apparently Feldmahler needs some time to re-arrange DNS settings for imslpforums.org. The imslp.eu server is ready for being invoked as imslpforums.org, so, if you like, you may add the following lines to your hosts file:

174.120.171.94 imslpforums.org
174.120.171.94 http://www.imslpforums.org

This will direct your browser to the new server even before public DNSs are re-programmed. It's a dirty trick, of course... :roll:

Max
mikemoral

Post by mikemoral »

KGill wrote:It has been like that for several days now, though...maybe it would be easier to just link directly to imslp.eu (like the link in the wiki sidebar)? The portal link doesn't access a specific topic, after all - just the board index.
I thought it'd be fine (and easier) for to change it to the .eu address since I guess that's the new domain name.
--Mikemoral,

Wikimedian and musician
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

mikemoral wrote:I thought it'd be fine (and easier) for to change it to the .eu address since I guess that's the new domain name.
Certainly it's easier, however I think that Feldmahler intends to use imslpforums.org for the forums in the future, while the use of imslp.eu to this purpose is just temporary. This is the reason why the links are not being updated, I guess.

The domain imslp.eu is actually intended for a future section of IMSLP physically hosted in the European Union, so that scores that are in the public domain in the EU but not in the U.S. and Canada can be made available to European users. It is being currently used for the forums as this European project is just an idea at the moment.

Max