imslpforums.org

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Davydov
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

imslpforums.org

Post by Davydov »

Access to this address is still intermittent here in Europe, with about a 25% chance of reaching it successfully (the rest of the time I get a message saying the site does not exist). I've seen the discussion about recent changes to the DNS servers that may take time to propogate, but the fact that it keeps switching on and off several times an hour is puzzling (as well as inconvenient). Is it simply a case of the changes working through, or is there a more fundamental problem?
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Re: imslpforums.org

Post by KGill »

Does the same thing happen with imslp.eu? The one or two times I've not been able to access imslpforums.org, I've found that imslp.eu works. Since we're in such different places, though, it could be completely unrelated...
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

imslp.eu works, but the forum log in there doesn't, so I can't access all the features/forums that I normally can.
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

Feldmahler has updated the name servers for imslpforums.org. It seems that propagation of new DNS information is quite problematic: intermittent behavior is also confirmed by the automatic monitoring services. I guess there is some conflict in progress between new and old settings.

The DNS settings of imslp.eu are under my control, and they are stable (I've never changed them). To login at these forums under the imslp.eu domain name you may need to manually remove any cookies previously stored by your browser under the imslpforums.org domain name. There is a function named "Delete all board cookies" on the bottom of each forum page, but I'm not sure it works to remove cookies relevant to another domain name than the one you use at the moment. You may use this function when you access imslpforums.org, and then bookmark imslp.eu after cookies for imslpforums.org are removed.

Max
Hamstray
regular poster

Post by Hamstray »

Davydov wrote:imslp.eu works, but the forum log in there doesn't, so I can't access all the features/forums that I normally can.
have you tried deleting cookies for imslp.eu? that worked for me.
Last edited by Choralia on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed non-pertinent link in signature
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by vinteuil »

I'm accessing over a British IP now (as I have been on vacation for here for the past bit) and I actually haven't had a single problem. Is this a continental thing?
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Apparently what happened was (is) that one of the two nameservers is giving out bad data. If this continues I will change nameservers once again
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

It's still happening now (I'm having to log in using Choralia's method, for which many thanks!).
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by vinteuil »

Hopefully tomorow's upgrade will fix this?
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"