[BUG] Please detail any post-upgrade problems here

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

KGill
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: [BUG] Please detail any post-upgrade problems here

Post by KGill »

I don't get a 'file not submitted' error, but Adobe gives the 'insufficient data for an image' error. After hitting reload several times, I can get the top part of one page, but that's it.
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by vinteuil »

The first error is only temporary usually
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

This whole fiasco was part of the missing "More" link reported in the other thread. Actually, the missing "More" link was only one small symptom of a rather large and nasty bug that was the result of a very tiny configuration difference after the upgrade.

Essentially, all of the hubbub was because IMSLP index numbers are now no longer perfectly consecutive due to a change in MySQL, which broke several key pieces of code. I've spent much of the day today fixing this bug, but finally it is fixed.

The "INDEXNONEXISTANTERROR" was the result of a bug that sprang up during the process of fixing the original bug. This bug has also been fixed. Unfortunately, there is a 3 day cache period, during which people may still get the old pages with the error. I may or may not clear the cache because of this. If I do, expect a few minutes downtime in the next few hours.

Good news is that this bug, while it broke lots of functionality in weird ways, leaves no permanent damage.
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

There still seem to be performance issues. For example, the site's speed today (July 4th) has been very sluggish - topped off by a 503 error just now (5:17 PM CDT).
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

The slowness was due to the last bit of maintenance following the mirror server problem. There should hopefully be no such problem anymore.