[BUG] Please detail any post-upgrade problems here

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

[BUG] Please detail any post-upgrade problems here

Post by pml »

As the thread title suggests, if you notice anything odd with the main site following the upgrade, please add a reply.

Cheers PML
--
PML (talk)
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Re: [BUG] Please detail any post-upgrade problems here

Post by Davydov »

Unfortunately yes :( After looking at 3 pages normally, I'm getting the error message:
ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: http://localhost/wiki/Category:Tchaikov ... otr_Ilyich

Unable to forward this request at this time.

This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that the cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct connections to origin servers, and all configured parent caches are currently unreachable.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Also, the old site notice about the server being online was still being displayed one some pages, even though Feldmahler had blanked it.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

Davydov wrote:Also, the old site notice about the server being online was still being displayed one some pages, even though Feldmahler had blanked it.
That's probably just due to caching.
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Image display bugs when trying to create thumbnails of large images (I just am adding preview and thumbnail images to the new facsimiles of the Biber Mystery Sonatas):

Error creating thumbnail: /mnt/sda2/www/bin/ulimit4.sh: line 4: /usr/bin/convert: No such file or directory

PML
--
PML (talk)
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by vinteuil »

I just got 500
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Very sluggish performance overall, plus the occasional 503 error.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Due to an oversight on my part half of the traffic from the mirror server is diverted to the main server, effectively overloading it. Unfortunately there is no quick fix. In the interest of getting things back to speed there will be an extended emergency maintenance in 2.5 hours, lasting for 18 hours until 10AM tomorrow.

However, despite this hitch, the server upgrade has gone quite smoothly, more than I had expected. The bugs mentioned above (except for 500) have all been resolved. Bumps in the road are pretty much inevitable with an upgrade of this magnitude (i.e. involving reinstalling the entire server), so please do report any weirdness you find.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

Just got a 503 error...several minutes after the server was brought back up. It lasted over ten minutes...is that a fluke or is the problem still there?
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Give it a little time; the traffic currently is about double the normal traffic probably because everyone starts using the site at 4PM.

Also, there may be periods of slowness for the first few days; the fallout from the problem I mentioned above has not gone away entirely. I expect everything to return to normal in approximately a week.

I've pretty much done what I can about the 503 errors. I will continue monitoring the server, hoping to catch a 503 in progress, but what I can do is limited unless the problem shows itself. I am as exasperated as everyone here about the 503 errors, or perhaps slightly more because I'm the only one who can stop it, and yet the solution eludes me.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

One thing I noticed - the recently uploaded scores now appear in both the score and recordings sections of the "recent uploads" on the main page. It's working pretty fast for me.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

The duplicate recent list entries should no longer happen now. It may actually be someone submitting a recording and then immediately deleting it...
yojimboken
regular poster

Post by yojimboken »

Currently I can't access anything. Almost all the files show
"Error
Requested file not yet officially submitted to IMSLP"

I assume this is a temporary glitch?
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by vinteuil »

Yes.
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

I just got a call from a conductor reporting the identical error when attempting to download parts for Beethoven's Symphony No.1. I also just noticed that all of the entries for the Schenker edition of the Beethoven sonatas have a unrecognized file-name error.
ebkie

Post by ebkie »

Error INDEXNONEXISTANTERROR on all files (that I have checked) underneath Moritz Moszkowski