Missing MORE link

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Starrmark
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Missing MORE link

Post by Starrmark »

A valuable feature on IMSLP recently disappeared. A number of calls for its re-instatement have gone unheeded. I am referring to the link marked MORE that used to appear at the bottom of IMSLP:MoreRecentAdditions page, linking that page to similar pages from many previous days. Without the MORE link, now it is possible to review only the new works posted for one day. If one switches to the page entited IMSLP Recent Additions Finder, one hits End of List at the bottom that page.

As one who found the feature (enabling a review of new additions for the past several days) to be especially useful, I would like to add my voice to those advocating its re-instatement. The feature is important for many reasons -- one of which is this: most new additions, upon being logged on this list, are automatically blocked for a day or two until the copyright status of each piece has been checked. Consequently, it is not possible to access these pieces until a day or two after they first appeared on the list. By the time they are unblocked, they no longer appear on the one-page list on display that day.

MS
Notenschreiber
active poster

Re: Missing MORE link

Post by Notenschreiber »

I have the same opinion about that topic
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by vinteuil »

I would agree that Feldmahler should add a continuation option to the bottom of the special page again.
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
KGill
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by KGill »

Starrmark wrote:it is not possible to access these pieces until a day or two after they first appeared on the list. By the time they are unblocked, they no longer appear on the one-page list on display that day.
While I agree with your point (i.e. that the 'More' link should be reinstated), I can't help but assure you that it is never that long unless we're waiting on a statement of permission from someone. A couple hours is closer to it.