"Search" button vs. "Go" button

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

jon.t
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

"Search" button vs. "Go" button

Post by jon.t »

I wasn't entirely sure whether this was an IMSLP bug or just a missing feature, so I put it here.
On Wikipedia, if I type "Mahler" into a search box and press the "Go" button, the site brings me directly to the Gustav Mahler page. If I type "Mahler" into a search box on IMSLP and then hit "Search," however, it brings me to a search page with text at the very top that, if I click on it, brings me to the Gustav Mahler page here. Because the button on the IMSLP page is a "search" button and not a "go" button, it performs a search instead of bringing me directly to a certain page. Wikipedia also has a search button with a similar feature. Would it be possible to have a "go" button IMSLP?
pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: "Search" button vs. "Go" button

Post by pml »

Umm, why didn't you try typing “Mahler” into the box and hitting the “Composer name” button? Admittedly, that does involve two clicks rather than one, but if you were after a specific Mahler work, the “General search” would also bring up the pages for his individual works, and worklist page in addition to his category page.

Also, if it's a really well-known name you're looking for, just type it straight after the usual URL format for the site, e.g.

http://imslp.org/wiki/Mahler

You will find this works for the surnames of a rather large number of composers.

Easy! Regards, PML
--
PML (talk)