[BUG] Sibley uploading error

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Fynnjamin
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

[BUG] Sibley uploading error

Post by Fynnjamin »

I've just tried uploading two different pieces from Sibley, but I get an error message after submitting the handle, saying Error dowloading page or something like that. Does it take a while for new uploads to the Sibley website to be recognised or something? Anyone else having this problem?
Fynnjamin
regular poster

Re: [BUG] Sibley uploading error

Post by Fynnjamin »

it says Error: Page download failure
aldona
active poster

Post by aldona »

I'm getting exactly the same error. I am unable to upload Sibley files except by saving them to my computer and then uploading manually the same way as non-Sibley files.

I'm getting the same problem on both my computers at home.

Aldona
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
jsnfmn
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by jsnfmn »

Same here, tried with two different scores now with the same result. Retrying multiple times does not help. It seems that it worked for someone though as after I made the page for the work and tried multiple times and eventually gave up, several hours later someone else successfully uploaded the pdfs through Sibley I believe and not manually. Very strange.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

This is the result of a nasty software bug (not my fault though...) due to the upgrade a few weeks ago. For the geeks out there here is the upstream bug report (not created by me): http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=52106 While the PHP folks have not been known for prompt bug fixing, this bug is doubly unfortunate because it only occurs for some sites, of which Sibley is one, and consequently there is not a whole lot of interest as of yet.

There are two ways to fix this bug short of PHP fixing it themselves. I can write a workaround or downgrade the software back to the old server's version (both rather hard), or Sibley can provide an alternate way to access their site that does not involve a HTTPS:// connection (my opinion is that HTTPS is unnecessary for a content-based site like Sibley's, but obviously Sibley's tech people do not agree and they may have other considerations).

I'll be keeping a tab on this bug. Unfortunately a solution is unlikely to be forthcoming very soon (as in tomorrow).
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Thanks- have been having this problem for a week. Will delete the thread I just posted asking about it, in fact, since this answers my question :)
Eric
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Actually this bug is now fixed.

I've written a workaround that works, so everything should be back to normal.