Godowsky arrangement of BWV 1005 incorrectly labelled

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Nick Payne
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Godowsky arrangement of BWV 1005 incorrectly labelled

Post by Nick Payne »

On page http://imslp.org/wiki/Piano_Transcripti ... Leopold%29 the score shown as as (sic) "Patita No.1 in B minor, BWV 1002" is actually Sonata No.2 in B minor, BWV 1003, and the score shown as "Sonata No.2 in A minor, BWV 1003" is actually Sonata No 3 in A minor BWV 1005.
BKhon

Re: Godowsky arrangement of BWV 1005 incorrectly labelled

Post by BKhon »

Thanks, fixed.
BKhon

Post by BKhon »

Oops, sorry. Actually the piece is labeled wrong. What it is called on IMSLP is in fact correct.
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Be clear! I take from your comment that you mean that the score itself (i.e. the downloaded PDF) is in error?

Regards, PML
--
PML (talk)
BKhon

Post by BKhon »

PML,

The user means to say that the PDF file is incorrectly labeled (probably the fault of the editor, or maybe composer). The label on the site IMSLP is perfectly fine.

Cheers,
BKhon
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Thanks for the clarification, BKhon.

Occasionally the typesetters get it wrong: my favourite one concerns the parts to the "Rosamunde overture", some of which are labelled "D 797" (as it happens, this seems to be a later accretion to the parts). Now you can argue all you like whether "D 732" (Alfonso und Estrella) or "D 644" (Die Zauberharfe) should be the overture to go with the Rosamunde music, but of one thing there is no argument - there is no overture in Schubert's "D 797" opus!

Regards, PML
--
PML (talk)