[FEAT] Direct Link to Wiki from Forum

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

scottorr
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

[FEAT] Direct Link to Wiki from Forum

Post by scottorr »

I don't know if I am the only one that sometimes notices this, but it can be really annoying to retype the url into my browser to return to imslp.org when browsing the forum. Is it possible to put a direct link to it in the header or in the title to return to the main imslp.org page?
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

I don't know this forum software well, but I know (at most with some tinkering) that you can get it up on most forum software.

Alternatively (or until this is done, whichever is more deserving) you could bookmark it on the toolbar (in FF at least).

I like the idea personally.

AW7
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

This has been requested a few times in the past, but as of yet no one knows phpBB enough to say how this can be done. I'll try to poke around the code in the next few days... hopefully I can find where to change :)
scottorr
forum adept

Post by scottorr »

Just find the header portion in the admin panel and insert a link in HTML there, isn't phpbb like most forum softwares I've used before?
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Actually, I have to edit the code (I cannot edit it from within the configuration panel).
scottorr
forum adept

Post by scottorr »

Could you email me the code or send me a message on this forum?

I've worked with forums and coding before, so perhaps I can find where it must be inserted.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

It shouldn't be hard to find :) But just saying that I will have to poke around the code a bit.

In any case, I probably will wait until after the forums get moved (in a few days)... this month is turning into a rather busy time, somewhat unplanned :/
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

I didn't link the logo to the main site, but I did add a rather long link to the main site in the site description (below the big header). I hope this is fine? :)
scottorr
forum adept

Post by scottorr »

I like it. Thanks so much. It's a good idea too, because I just realised the forums never actually told you what IMSLP stood for.

:)
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Great :) I'm closing this thread then.