Message ''PDF file, Typeset by ...'' on work pages

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Message ''PDF file, Typeset by ...'' on work pages

Post by Lyle Neff »

Today I uploaded the clean manuscript PDF of my piano concerto and noticed that the message on the right side of the file block on the work page says "PDF file, Typeset by ..."

If I'm not mistaken, it did not used to say "typeset" some time ago. That is a confusing message, when the piece is in manuscript. Could this phrase be reworded so that such misinformation is not included?

Thanks.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
haydenmuhl
active poster

Re: Message ''PDF file, Typeset by ...'' on work pages

Post by haydenmuhl »

What did you select for the "File/Image Type:" field when uploading that PDF?

edit: Just checked the source for that work page, and it looks like you uploaded it as a "New composition". If you change it to "Manuscript" it will show up as "Scanned by". After all, it is a scan of the manuscript.
Classical Voices - a forum for classical singers
Lyle Neff
active poster

Re: Message ''PDF file, Typeset by ...'' on work pages

Post by Lyle Neff »

The last time I tried "manuscript," the rest of the form didn't work right. I think it was that I couldn't choose the CC choice I wanted as long as the format was "manuscript."

Perhaps there should be something like these choices: "new composition -- typeset" and "new composition -- manuscript" and "PD composition -- manuscript"
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)