File pages

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Robert.Allen
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

File pages

Post by Robert.Allen »

Perhaps this question has been addressed previously, but in a quick and dirty search of the forums, I did not find it. There do not seem to be any file pages at IMSLP. I'm thinking of pages like those on Wikimedia Commons, where information specific to each uploaded file, as well as copyright information, is maintained and displayed, and of course each page has an associated history. Some of this information can be edited by any editor in typical wiki fashion, and other information cannot. These pages also display the links to the file from other pages. (One doesn't even need to use the "What links here" tool.) Shouldn't IMSLP have such pages?
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Re: File pages

Post by KGill »

IMSLP does have such pages - you'll find them by clicking on the 5-digit IMSLP# under each download link (e.g., #70500). Copyright information is not included on these pages, however, because it would be highly redundant (it appears on the work page the file is linked to).
Robert.Allen
regular poster

Re: File pages

Post by Robert.Allen »

I guess I never tried this, and you're right they won't be all that helpful. I think the links you suggested in my other post may be the best solution for linking from the Wikipedia. Thanks again for the help. Robert