Composer list

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Notenschreiber
active poster

Composer list

Post by Notenschreiber »

Some composers disappeared from the composer list, for example Graupner or Seyfert.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Composer list

Post by KGill »

I think this is because of the changes taking place to the composer template. In particular, the new template (FTE:person) only seems to put people into Category:People, without looking at any of their specific functions (composer, editor, arranger, ...) and putting them in the appropriate category - resulting in a gradual exodus of composers from Category:Composers. I don't know how to fix this myself, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable (read: Feldmahler :wink: ) does. (It seems that at some point, FTE:composer did perform this function, but for whatever reason this is no longer the case.)
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

I messed up with a software bug which left a significant number of composers without category links.

Then I redeemed myself by writing an ongoing category link refresher. All category links of every page on IMSLP are now refreshed once every 4-5 days on average.
Peterdyson49
forum adept

Post by Peterdyson49 »

Hi,
Yes I am one of the names that has dropped off the browse scores composer's name, the composer period and composer nationality lists but it still appears under browse recordings and of course my page is there.... so just this linking problem.

Peter Dyson
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

I thought all composers to be back on the composer list, but Johann Sebastian Bach is still missing.
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

Notenschreiber wrote:I thought all composers to be back on the composer list, but Johann Sebastian Bach is still missing.
Looks like he's Bach now :)