Post by Emil »

In the sub genre "for violin viola piano" the following items are not listed:

Hatton Trio Op 1
Jensen G Fantasiestuecke Op 27
Kreuz Trio Facile Op 32
Lindblad Piano Trio Op 10
Wolfrum Piano Trio op 24
Zellner Pano Trio no 3 Op 46

Also it seems inconsistent that you have the Kreuz Trio Facile Op 32 from Merton but not the Kreuz Trio Op 21 (same instruments) from the same source.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Additions to subgenre list

Post by KGill »

Strange - I can see every single one of those pieces in that category. I don't know why Merton didn't supply us with the PDF of Kreuz's Op.21; perhaps their print of it was a new edition for which they didn't get permission to distribute worldwide for free. If not, then it's a mystery to me, but I should note that it is an inconsistency on Merton's end, not ours (since they supplied us with their PDF files, and we uploaded all of them that didn't have copyright issues - I can verify that personally, having uploaded 99% of them myself :) ).
Emil
regular poster

Post by Emil »

KGill wrote:Strange - I can see every single one of those pieces in that category. I don't know why Merton didn't supply us with the PDF of Kreuz's Op.21; perhaps their print of it was a new edition for which they didn't get permission to distribute worldwide for free. If not, then it's a mystery to me, but I should note that it is an inconsistency on Merton's end, not ours (since they supplied us with their PDF files, and we uploaded all of them that didn't have copyright issues - I can verify that personally, having uploaded 99% of them myself :) ).
My apologies. I don't know how the incomplete list came up.

On a related topic: There seems to be some inconsistency in the for violin viola and piano (arranged) category.

Reinecke's trio for Clarinet Horn Piano is listed there but Brahms Horn trio is not.

Both appeared with alternative viola parts, without any indication of who had done the arrangement.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

This may be a tagging issue -- I don't have time to check right now, but an item will not show up on the appropriate list until it is tagged, or the arrangements headers are correct.

Out of 35,000+ scores, 2,886 still need tags. However, if you see something that doesn't come up in the right place, please bring it up in this forum. It is also possible that a typo has put a wrong tag in. The only way we will find these is if someone points out that they can't find it on the list.

[edit] Just checked the Brahms. I need Davydov to help sort this out. The viola part is within an edition that is for the original, so the ==arrangements and transcriptions== header can't be used. He might have a suggestion as to how to deal with it. I've added it to the categorization/project members discussion page.

[edit 2] All the others on your original list come up on the Category Walker for me. I think they are tagged correctly. Actually, so does the Brahms, so it has been tagged for violin, viola, piano, though possibly incorrectly -- if it wasn't by Brahms, it should be tagged as an arrangement, but at least for now it's on the list.
bsteltz
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

I think we need to look into the question of authorship of the viola part before retagging, as Margit McCorkle's thematic catalogue suggests that this may have been the work of the composer after all.