Scanned file cut off on top of page

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Knittysong

Scanned file cut off on top of page

Post by Knittysong »

I have downloaded the score contributed by Alaric for the piano solo of the Beethoven Piano Concerto #4, which is generally excellent quality. THe only problem is that the top staff of several pages are is partially cut off when I print because they were scanned too close to the top, so that the top two lines of the treble staff are missing. There is extra room on the bottom of the page so it can be scanned lower without a problem. I don't know how to contact the contributor to ask him to rescan, if possible. Is there a way to do this? Many thanks.
haydenmuhl
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Scanned file cut off on top of page

Post by haydenmuhl »

You can "send messages" on the wiki by editing the user's talk page. The talk page for a user can be found by using the following URL.

Code: Select all

http://imslp.org/wiki/User_talk:<username>
Just replace "<username>" with the username of the contributer. For example, my username on the wiki is the same as here in the forums. If you wanted to send me a message on the wiki, you would edit this page.

Code: Select all

http://imslp.org/wiki/User_talk:Haydenmuhl
Classical Voices - a forum for classical singers
Knittysong

Post by Knittysong »

Thanks, Haydenmuhl. I tried your suggestion and got to Alaric's page, but I'm mystified as to how to edit it. Can you help? THanks!!
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

You need to create an account to edit pages - just click on 'Log in/Create account' in the top right-hand corner and follow the instructions to register. After you do that (and are logged in, of course), a tab marked 'edit' will appear at the top of most pages. On any user talk page, there's also a tab marked '+' that somewhat automates the process of sending them a new message.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

@Knittysong,

I looked over this file. I suspect he problem you are having is due to your trying to print pages set up as A4 size on to letter-size, as the margins appear to be fine in the file itself. Try printing at a slightly reduced percentage - like 92 percent.
Knittysong

Post by Knittysong »

Thanks to the last two members who replied. I tried the suggestion to print at 92% and it did the trick!
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Just to say that I am moving this to Feature Requests/Bug Reports, since it isn't really an announcement.
bsteltz