download statistics (feature request)

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

jujimufu
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Bot

download statistics (feature request)

Post by jujimufu »

I really enjoy the download statistics for files, but I was wondering how flexible is manipulation of such data.

For example, would it be possible to see a number of total downloads for a composer's output? Or the number of total reecord downloads or total score downloads for a particular composer? Or genre? Or time period? Or comparing the average number of downloads per composer output to the average number of downloads per time period for the composer's period? Or comparing the average number of downloads of a work page to the average number of downloads per composer work page of the particular composer? Or seeing the file with the most downloads for a particular composer's output? Or a particular time period?

and so on. Just wondering, because it'd be quite nice to see how these statistics relate to the rest of the music on IMSLP. I would be interested, for example, to know which one of my pieces has been downloaded most times, without having to open each work page and check manually.

It would also be nice because then you could easily create a list of the "ten most popular composers", according to download statistics (average or absolute), or "ten most downloaded pieces", which although wouldn't have statistical validity in terms of determining which composer is most famous, would surely be interesting to look at.
haydenmuhl
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: download statistics (feature request)

Post by haydenmuhl »

Since jujimufu brought up the subject, how about popularity of scores by uploader? I'm often curious how popular my own contributions are. Am I the only person who wonders this? I do visit certain pages from time to time, but it would be neat to see it all on one page.
Classical Voices - a forum for classical singers