[BUG] Uploading single files (ca. 2000 MB+) with dial-up

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

[BUG] Uploading single files (ca. 2000 MB+) with dial-up

Post by Lyle Neff »

I have dial-up (56) at home, and get an error message when I try to upload a file that is at least ca. 2000 MB in size. So, I have to wait to access a broadband connection later to upload such a file.

In contrast, when I upload a set of files, each of which is smaller than that size, even though the aggregate size of the upload is much larger than 2000, I usually don't get an error.

Is there an explanation for this, or, better yet, a fix in the works?

Thanks.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

You mean 2000KB (2MB) right? ;) 2000MB would be 2GB... and I hope that you don't have a scan of that size lol. That'd be too scary.

In any case, apparently this may happen to dial-ups... unfortunately I do not know right now how to fix it, or if it is fixable at all (because the uploading function is actually not done by me, or even Mediawiki). I will look into it :)
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

Yes, I meant KB, sorry! :oops:
Lyle Neff
active poster

Update

Post by Lyle Neff »

Hi, again,

Just now I uploaded a single 4000 KB file via dial-up using the multiple-file upload page, and got "success."

It would seem, then, that the single-file upload page has a fault concerning large files on dial-up connection which the multiple-fle upload page doesn't have -- or at least that's the hypothesis now. :)