Von Suppé "Light Cavalry Overture" won't show up in iPad app

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

reynard61
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Von Suppé "Light Cavalry Overture" won't show up in iPad app

Post by reynard61 »

For some reason the Von Suppé "Light Cavalry Overture" .pdf just gives me blank pages when I open it up in the CloudReaders app for my iPad. All of the other IMSLP-sourced .pdfs are functioning normally. Is this some sort of DRM protection?
reynard61

Re: Von Suppé "Light Cavalry Overture" won't show up in iPad

Post by reynard61 »

Edit/Update: Tried opening in Adobe iPad PDF Reader. No luck there either. Tried opening in Win7 Safari on netbook. Success. Going to download file and try to transfer via USB cable. We'll see what happens.

Edit/Update: No luck there either. I think that the source .pdf might be defective or DRM protected, even though it has a GNU Free Documentation Licence.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

The file opens perfectly fine for me, at least - all the pages show up, no blanks at all. No idea what might be causing it, but it certainly isn't any sort of DRM protection since it's not under copyright anywhere in the first place. Which browser are you using, incidentally? You might want to try a couple different ones, if you haven't already. (I'm using Chrome 15 on OSX 10.6, FWIW)

N.B.: The GNU license is only for the text content of the wiki pages; the PDF files are either in the public domain (no license), under Creative Commons licenses, or inaccessible due to localized copyright issues, and all are marked as such in the file entry.
reynard61

Post by reynard61 »

KGill wrote:The file opens perfectly fine for me, at least - all the pages show up, no blanks at all. No idea what might be causing it, but it certainly isn't any sort of DRM protection since it's not under copyright anywhere in the first place. Which browser are you using, incidentally? You might want to try a couple different ones, if you haven't already. (I'm using Chrome 15 on OSX 10.6, FWIW)
Well, like I say, it's only my iPad that's affected. Both my desktop (Mac Sawtooth running OS 10.4.11 and Safari 4.1.3) and my Win7 netbook (Asus Eee running Safari 5.1.1) have no problems with it. Could it be a problem with the new iOS 5? That particular .pdf functioned normally under all of the iterations of iOS 4 that I viewed it in.
N.B.: The GNU license is only for the text content of the wiki pages; the PDF files are either in the public domain (no license), under Creative Commons licenses, or inaccessible due to localized copyright issues, and all are marked as such in the file entry.
Okay.