Discussion pages disappeared

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Boccaccio
forum adept

Discussion pages disappeared

Post by Boccaccio »

Hi all,

I just noticed that the usual discussion pages have been replaced by "discuss this piece (0)"-pages. However, at the same time, the content of the original discussion pages has disappeared. This is particularly problematic for the works I edited like http://imslp.org/wiki/Sinfonia_in_D_maj ... ristoph%29 since I used to put the lilypond source of my files just as plain text onto the discussion page. Is there any way to recover the original content?
kalliwoda
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Discussion pages disappeared

Post by kalliwoda »

They are still there, but very well hidden:

There is a "down arrow" next to "View history" on the top, and if you move your mouse over it, you can find the old discussion.
But I agree, this is not a good solution for the many pages that have important info put into the old discussion field.
Could there be an automatic transfer of the contents of the old discussion field to the new discussion field?
Boccaccio
forum adept

Post by Boccaccio »

Hmm, I can't find any arrow, I just see
Page
Discuss this piece (0)
Report issue
Edit
History
Move
Watch
kalliwoda
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by kalliwoda »

See for example on this page:
http://imslp.org/wiki/Violin_Concerto,_ ... Friedrich)

I cannot see "Move - Watch" directly, only via the arrow.
The arrow leads to "Move - Watch - Discussion(old)" if you are logged in, only to "Discussion(old)" if you are logged-out.
If there is nothing saved in the old discussion, then the arrow only appears if you are logged in and leads to "Move - Watch"

Maybe this is not yet implemented/visible on all pages, with the ongoing changes in the workpage layout...
Boccaccio
forum adept

Post by Boccaccio »

Even on this page I see move and watch (without the need to hit any arrows) but no link to the old discussion page. Maybe it's due to the fact I use the MonoBook layout?
olmsted
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by olmsted »

I think it is important to fix this. When you're in the work page and look at the discussion tab, you see "(0)" - not an indication that there has been any Discussion. And when you click on the discussion tab (though, why would you?), there is still no indication that there has been any discussion. The old text is not visible.
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

I'm just slightly horrified that there seems to be no way to "watch" individual discussion pages in the new format. Can I suggest a link be placed in the sidebar to this page:

http://imslp.org/index.php?title=Specia ... category=1

... which at least provides an overview of the latest discussions?
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

@Boccaccio: This will be fixed soon, where there will be a note on the top of the discussion pages where an old style discussion page exists.

@Davydov: Watch is coming... at the same time as the fix for Boccaccio's issue :-) You will be able to watch by thread or discussion page.

P.S. the sidebar link is coming as soon as I think the discussion forum is mature enough (i.e. with watch).
Rabenhorst

Post by Rabenhorst »