Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

KGill
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Search buttons in monobook skin

Post by KGill »

Hi,

For some reason the IMSLP# search option (not to mention PMLP#) seems to have disappeared in monobook - would it be possible to restore it? It's rather convenient to have a link anywhere you go rather than having to open the list of special pages whenever you want it. Also, in the lower left-hand corner of each page, the 'Go' and 'Search' options both go to the old built-in MediaWiki search feature, is this intentional?
imslp
Site Admin

Re: Search buttons in monobook skin

Post by imslp »

Sorry about this; unfortunately the Monobook skin is in many ways quite broken. How important to you is using the Monobook skin (i.e. is there a reason you are choosing it over Vector)? If it is possible to get used to the Vector skin, that might be the easier route.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Search buttons in monobook skin

Post by KGill »

I mean I guess I could potentially get used to Vector, I just find the more spread-out type to be much more difficult to read and there are a lot of features of the layout that annoy me (especially not conveniently having all the tabs in the same place at the top of every page, it's kind of clunky to have them distributed so widely - even more so because some are hidden in a menu). The more compressed layout and smaller print of Monobook are a lot easier on my eyes, I think it's just easier to navigate in general I guess. I suppose it's not a big deal, IMSLP# searches really aren't overwhelmingly common and I'm the only person who's complained...