Is there a problem with recordings?

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Eric
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Is there a problem with recordings?

Post by Eric »

I seem to have reported this in the wrong place, and will now try to report it in the right one...
(1) mp3 recordings are increasingly disappearing, being replaced by "r" (in render; they're still there in edit mode, so they're not being deleted, just can't be seen by endusers.) This seems to be happening to new uploads and an increasing number of older ones.
(2) Most workpages, whether or not a recording is associated with them in any way at all, are in category "Recordings" now. This is probably a "Feature", in the technical sense of "feature" ("it's either a bug or a feature...") that if it were a bug, it would have been fixed by now... (at least 3 weeks and counting...)

(unless it only affects people using a very small number of computers. In my case, a 8-year-old Macintosh, new operating system, dual cpu, running Firefox most of the time, etc. ...- might be that combination plus a subtle bug that produces the observed effects. Who knows, who knows...)
imslp
Site Admin

Re: Is there a problem with recordings?

Post by imslp »

Both cases are actually bugs - #2 being an unintentional consequence of the Live MIDI tab, and #1 being a bug introduced by me trying to fix #2 (isn't it just lovely). Both should be fixed now, but may take a few days to show up due to caching.
Eric
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Is there a problem with recordings?

Post by Eric »

Seems fixed now, that I can tell. Thanks! and Apologies for the gripy grumbly grousing, apologies !