Typesets -- no option for CC attribution, non-commercial, no derivatives, not public domain???

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Typesets -- no option for CC attribution, non-commercial, no derivatives, not public domain???

Post by Lyle Neff »

I would like to add a new edition of this piece that I have edited in Finale, score and wind-parts:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Suite_for_Flute,_ ... Lyle_K.%29

IMSLP will not let me add the new score as a typeset under "Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial NoDerivs," even though many years ago the manuscript PDF was accepted under that kind of terms; and if I choose a "scan" as the source, it forces me to accept "public domain." This is not right. Please advise.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
Lyle Neff
active poster

Re: Typesets -- no option for CC attribution, non-commercial, no derivatives, not public domain???

Post by Lyle Neff »

The file apparently was already uploaded:
PMLP84782-Neff_SuiteForWindsAndHarpsichord_2016ed_score_p.pdf

However, I cannot complete the upload form.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
cypressdome
active poster

Re: Typesets -- no option for CC attribution, non-commercial, no derivatives, not public domain???

Post by cypressdome »

When you click on "Add File" are you selecting "Add Your Own Composition"? That should give you options for the CC licenses.
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

I think you have to choose "Add your own edition", then choose an arbitrary CC licence from the list. You can change this license after
having finished the complete uploading process.