Typesets -- no option for CC attribution, non-commercial, no derivatives, not public domain???

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Typesets -- no option for CC attribution, non-commercial, no derivatives, not public domain???

Postby Lyle Neff » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:11 pm

I would like to add a new edition of this piece that I have edited in Finale, score and wind-parts:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Suite_for_Flute,_ ... Lyle_K.%29

IMSLP will not let me add the new score as a typeset under "Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial NoDerivs," even though many years ago the manuscript PDF was accepted under that kind of terms; and if I choose a "scan" as the source, it forces me to accept "public domain." This is not right. Please advise.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)

Lyle Neff
active poster

Re: Typesets -- no option for CC attribution, non-commercial, no derivatives, not public domain???

Postby Lyle Neff » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:18 pm

The file apparently was already uploaded:
PMLP84782-Neff_SuiteForWindsAndHarpsichord_2016ed_score_p.pdf

However, I cannot complete the upload form.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)

cypressdome
active poster

Re: Typesets -- no option for CC attribution, non-commercial, no derivatives, not public domain???

Postby cypressdome » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:43 pm

When you click on "Add File" are you selecting "Add Your Own Composition"? That should give you options for the CC licenses.

Notenschreiber
active poster

Postby Notenschreiber » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:39 am

I think you have to choose "Add your own edition", then choose an arbitrary CC licence from the list. You can change this license after
having finished the complete uploading process.

Return to “Feature Requests / Bug Reports”