Discussions bug

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

jossuk
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Discussions bug

Post by jossuk »

The editing icon (pencil) in the discussions section does not work; it gives an error regarding captcha instead.
Notenschreiber
active poster

Re: Discussions bug

Post by Notenschreiber »

Works for me
jossuk
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Discussions bug

Post by jossuk »

I'm on a Mac using 10.6.8, browser is Google Chrome. When I go to "Participate" on the IMSLP home page and choose any of the "recent discussions" options (User Talk, Discussions, Category Talk, Project Talk) and submit any commentary, then enter the correct captcha code and see my post successfully added, choosing the editing icon always gives this result - "Captcha error. Please go back and redo the captcha."

Entering text and then choosing "Preview" gives the same captcha error, unless one types in the captcha code first (but does not actually enter it).

Submitting text in any Forums link works just as it should, editing pencil and all.

Tried the same just now with Safari 5.1.5; Recent Discussions wouldn't even let me enter a comment, as the captcha codes changed so rapidly it was impossible to enter anything. The Forum section worked fine.

And this just dawned on me: why does the home page process described in my first paragraph require a captcha code anyway, while the Forum pages do not? In both cases I am logged in (separate passwords) before submitting.