Add Composer page appears to be broken

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

insearchofthemuses
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Add Composer page appears to be broken

Post by insearchofthemuses »

Is the "add composers" link broken or is there something wrong with my account (which I just created a few hours ago)? When I go to http://imslp.org/wiki/Special:AddComposer it says "Permission error: The action you have requested is limited to users in one of the groups: *, Users." According to my user preferences page though I am in the Users group. Anyone know what could be wrong?
insearchofthemuses

Re: Add Composer page appears to be broken

Post by insearchofthemuses »

Update: I switched to "classic skin" view and was confronted with a message that I had never seen before in the other view, saying that there was a grace period before new users could post anything in order to limit spam and that I would receive posting rights in 15 hours. I guess that explains that.

However, this is still extremely irritating as I had promised a lot of people that I would be posting a score specifically today, and the grace period extends beyond that. I had no indication when reading up on the IMSLP community that I was going to have to wait.

Is there any way the admins can override this grace period? Barring that, can the default view (and the contributors' portal) be updated to make mention that there is a grace period, for future new users?
Sallen112
active poster

Re: Add Composer page appears to be broken

Post by Sallen112 »

insearchofthemuses wrote:Update: I switched to "classic skin" view and was confronted with a message that I had never seen before in the other view, saying that there was a grace period before new users could post anything in order to limit spam and that I would receive posting rights in 15 hours. I guess that explains that.

However, this is still extremely irritating as I had promised a lot of people that I would be posting a score specifically today, and the grace period extends beyond that. I had no indication when reading up on the IMSLP community that I was going to have to wait.

Is there any way the admins can override this grace period? Barring that, can the default view (and the contributors' portal) be updated to make mention that there is a grace period, for future new users?
Sorry if your account was created the day of or the day before, less than 24 hours, then no we can't give you any rights until this grace period has past. We have to be fair to all users.