[BUG] Broken PDF links

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

arlomcg
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

[BUG] Broken PDF links

Post by arlomcg »

Since the reopening, I haven't had much luck downloading pdf's. So far the links to the Scriabin Prelude and Nocturne for left hand Op 9 seem to be broken as well as the other Scriabin Nocturnes.

Is this a global problem due to the recent reopening or is it just isolated to the pieces I have named above. Thanks.

Arlo
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Mine are corrupted as well, but the problem with me is that it isn't downloading the whole file (possibly because of lag on the system).

Does the size of the file match the size stated in IMSLP?

I did eventually manage to download it after a few tries.
arlomcg

Post by arlomcg »

The files it downloads are quite small, i.e. not nearly the size of the indicated file then adobe reader displays a message saying the file is corrupted. Trying several times hasn't fixed the issue for me.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

It is likely lag, because I managed to download the file you specified (the 'complete score') after trying 4 times.

It isn't a problem with the file so eventually you will be able to acquire it, but (expectedly) the system has a lot of users on it, so you will have to wait.

I don't know why I can download it and you can't. I'm using Firefox 3 and it starts the download of the file where it wrongly left off.
arlomcg

Post by arlomcg »

Success!

So here was my problem for future users. I use Firefox 3 with the Nitro PDF downloader add-on. When I would click on the link to the PDF it would bring up the download dialog window and if I clicked "download" or "open" it wouldn't download the file. If, however, I clicked "Bypass PDF Download" it would then skip over to the disclaimer screen. When I clicked on the "I agree, click to download file" link the PDF would download properly.

So somehow, the Nitro PDF downloader doesn't allow you to click through to the disclaimer screen.

Thanks for all the input on this though.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Interesting how we both had the same problem. :P

Maybe a disclaimer need be added somewhere to disable download managers.
2nd_astronaut

Post by 2nd_astronaut »

It would be good to allow multiple downloads in any way. Usually I use a download manager to download, e.g., all pdf-Files on a page. Now this doesn't work anymore.
If I want to d/l for example Tournemires L'Orgue Mystique (not unblocked yet), I am afraid I have to pass the confirmation 51 times for all 51 files -- quite annoying...
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Yagan, arlomcg, can you try the download link in this page, and see whether it is still an issue? Download it with the download managers enabled: http://imslp.org/wiki/Nimm_sie_hin!,_Op ... .,_Johann)

2nd_astronaut: This will be fixed soon.
arlomcg

Post by arlomcg »

Same issue. I can't get to the disclaimer/download screen unless I disable the download manager.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

I'll test after my internet speeds up again.
2nd_astronaut

Post by 2nd_astronaut »

@arlomcg
Sorry, I don't understand the problem: the *.pdf-Link in the page of a music title is in fact a link to a html-file (which is disguised as *.pdf-link). I can download this html file (it is the confirmation page) either with "save as" or with a d/l manager (maybe it is saved with a pdf suffix) or, depending on the manager, I can simply click on it. If I open the downloaded file in a web browser, the link turns into a "real" pdf-link. I can d/l this link either with "save as" or with a manager. Not a big matter for a single file (but for titles with many files, as I wrote).

Nevertheless, it would be better, if the first link would be named *.htm, not *.pdf, since this is disturbing for people and d/l manager.
kongming819
active poster

Post by kongming819 »

I had the same problem but I posted a fix for Firefox 2+NitroPDF users on the Return of IMSLP forum.

I don't know about download managers...

However, now I'm having problems with Error PDFs, in which many PDFs are still being "reviewed" for copyright. Is there anything one can do to speed up the review process, as in volunteering in the work?
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

Feldmahler,
I can successfully download and open the file you provided:
http://imslp.org/wiki/Nimm_sie_hin!,_Op ... .,_Johann)

In fact, I tried both methods of downloading the file by right-clicking the link and selecting "Save target as (a file)" and using Flashget download manager.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

All downloading problems should have been fixed. Please open a new thread if some still remain.

Note that it may take up to 3 days for the cache to clear, and so some problems (i.e. with download managers) may persist during this time.