Uploading problem

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

ras1
active poster

Uploading problem

Post by ras1 »

I had a problem uploading files to all of the Cristóbal de Morales pages. I tried to upload all six movements of each of three masses, and I have more to do there.

However, It said that some of my files had already been uploaded, and the original would be used. When I look at the page, the Gloria for Missa Aspice Domine (the first mass I uploaded) has been replaced by the Gloria from Tucker's Mass in Popular Style.

Then, I tried to upload the files for two other masses, but the ones that showed up are exactly the same files as appeared on the work page for the first mass. The most likely explanation I can think of is that the files for each mass have the same names - Kyrie.pdf, Gloria.pdf, etc. Is that what's causing the problem, and if so, could somebody delete all the files I've added so I can start over?
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Having the same names is indeed the problem. It is a good idea to never upload files with short or non-descriptive names, and always have the composer name somewhere in the title. I may be fixing this later on (i.e. making the software add the composer and possibly work name).

For now, simply reupload the files with a different name, and put a note in the old file entries that some are duplicates. Also add in the note that some of the files are from Tucker, and should not be deleted.

I cannot myself tend to this right now, but another admin might have time to.