Please, facilitate the download of the scores

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

JacopoTore
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Please, facilitate the download of the scores

Post by JacopoTore »

Please, facilitate the download of the scores, all the people who try to download from imslp are initially confused and do not understand what are the procedures to start the download, usually they stop at the banner (too big) where a subscription is required, so they think that you pay and give up immediately, so for the next searches the imslp site will avoid it and will continue to share other sites (with worse scores of course).
Please facilitate the download process because it is not understandable on a psychological (and graphic) level and is demotivating for a first visitor.

Per favore, facilitate il download degli spartiti, tutte le persone che provano a scaricare da imslp sono inizialmente disorientate e non capiscono quali siano le procedure per avviare il download, solitamente si fermano al banner (troppo grande) dove viene richiesto un abbonamento, quindi pensano che si paghi e rinunciano subito, dunque per le prossime ricerche il sito imslp lo eviteranno e continueranno a condividere altri siti (con partiture peggiori ovviamente). Per favore facilitate il processo di download perchè non è comprensibile a livello psigologico (e grafico) ed è demotivante per un primo visitatore.
Music Addict
regular poster

Re: Please, facilitate the download of the scores

Post by Music Addict »

I understand your frustration regarding the 15-second wait time, but if you read the forum announcement here made 5 years ago, you'll see that this is an understandable and reasonable compromise that has to be made between rising costs (maintenance and legal) and making scores freely available.

I do agree with you that the banner might confuse new users and cause them to not notice the 15-second countdown and download link above it. Maybe the font type/size could be changed to solve this interface issue.
Music Addict
regular poster

Post by Music Addict »

I now realize that I'm replying to a thread made a year ago, so I don't know if this problem still needs resolving.
JacopoTore
regular poster

Post by JacopoTore »

Music Addict wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:59 am I now realize that I'm replying to a thread made a year ago, so I don't know if this problem still needs resolving.
Thanks for answering, the problem is not solved and I think we need to eliminate a lot of useless information, the layout of the site confuses both adults and children.