[Feat] Better ways to find full scores

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

Possibly, but hopefully there will be a better solution. Feldmahler is improving the software engine that runs IMSLP all the time.
Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Lyle Neff »

Has any thought been given to moving orchestral parts to sub-page of some sort? (That is, if they are posted individually.)

That reminds me: I forget which score it was, but yesterday I saw an orchestral work in which the order of files on the page was this: score, individual parts, piano arrangment. Wouldn't it be better to put the parts at the end (if they're to be on the main work page)?
jsnfmn
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by jsnfmn »

I've never thought that having all the files on one page was all that unwieldy. You can jump to any section you want to by clicking the link in the contents at the top. I think it would be more inconvenient to have to keep navigating to other pages from the main work page just to get the files I need. There must be another way to allow people to search for different types of scores without separating them all to different pages.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

I'm working on a completely rewritten system for IMSLP and IMDBP, and I'm thinking of working tags into the system, which would I believe help. There will also be a new classification system for pages.

The problem is a much more fundamental one (current IMSLP structure very inflexible), which is why I hesitate to offer any immediate solution. This is similar to the problem of adding new work types; the current classification system is rather broken, and patching things here and there do not solve the fundamental problem.

But hopefully the new systems will solve several outstanding issues with the current structure. However, this will take time; the ETA is currently about 1 year.