Eduardo López-Chavarri

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

malko.malkovich
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Eduardo López-Chavarri

Post by malko.malkovich »

Hi there!

I've noticed there is no page of the Spanish composer Eduardo López-Chavarri, although he is very much into public domain in Canada (DD=1970). Can someone create it?

Thanks in advance!
Sallen112
active poster

Re: Eduardo López-Chavarri

Post by Sallen112 »

Only if you have a file of his work to upload.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Several of his works are copyright in the mid-1910s, so if you can find copies those works would be in the public domain in the US and Canada. (So for instance Saint Louis Public Library has a copy of his Acuarelas valencianas; Aquarelles from Valencia; para orquesta de cuerda, and Brigham Young University Library has his Cuentos y fantasías = Contes et fantaisies : para piano (©1915- - not sure if that means 1915-to-after-1927, though.) Rochester's Sibley Library has his "Canciones para la juventud. Cansons de nois.", while U. Ottawa has his "Siete piezas [para guitarra]" (pub. by Schott/AMP in 1926). (Some of these are at other libraries as well, of course.)
According to BNF, he entered the Conservatory in 1924, incidentally (entry for El viejo castillo moro.)

There seem to be a few others, though after that, according to Worldcat anyway. And as noted going by PD-CA character alone, many of his works qualify, and asking your local library if they can do an inter-library loan of one of these works from another holding library might work (depending on specifics of your library's policies.)
DBMiller
active poster

Post by DBMiller »

I've added a page for him: https://imslp.org/wiki/Category:L%C3%B3 ... i,_Eduardo as well as one work (Acuarelas valencianas) to begin.

Almost all of his works are in the public domain in Canada, and could be added.