Wilhelm Friedemann bachorgelwerke band II

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

cosinusoid

Wilhelm Friedemann bachorgelwerke band II

Post by cosinusoid »

hello members of the IMSLP & forums. Dose anyone here have access to "Wilhelm Friedemann bach orgelwerke band II" ?

it seams this score is now out of print , i was searching high and low for this score at the end of last year in germany and brittian , with no luck at all, well a little luck but all leads were dead ends unfortunatly.

anyway i am glad to see IMSLP up and running again , it's a fantastic resource for anyone studying the great art of music.
Johann Casper Ferdinand F
regular poster

Post by Johann Casper Ferdinand F »

I have it in my hand.

It bears a copyright date of 1968. Although it is an Urtext edition first published in Germany, I believe that it does not meet the IMSLP guidelines for materials that can be confirmed to be public domain.
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

Actually, it does. Since the urtext edition is more than 25 years old, it is public domain in Germany. Since it's more than 30 years old it's public domain in the EU generally. The preface and critical notes cannot be scanned, but the music itself can be - unless it contains a lot of original, creative contributions on the editor's part, like continuo realizations.
cosinusoid

Post by cosinusoid »

Its comforting to know someone here at the IMSLPF has this score.
Johann Casper Ferdinand F, is there the possibility of you scanning the choral prelude "Nun komm der Heiden Heiland" from the mentioned book ?

I have not given up hope of finding a print of this work, but i would love to have W.F.Bachs prelude on Nun komm der Heiden Heiland.ive been listening to a recording of this prelude for years (L.V.Doeselaar) and altho its very simple , its beauty and atmosphere still strike me. so its a bit of a pain that its not so easy to find now.

thanks Johann Casper Ferdinand F, and Carolus for your replies to this request and any time you have spent on this matter .
Johann Casper Ferdinand F
regular poster

Post by Johann Casper Ferdinand F »

I will post scans on line as I am able. The volume is at a nearby music library where I have circulating privileges. I made some preliminary scans with a handheld wand scanner last night while at the library but the quality is poor. I will take the volume to a flatbed scanner some time over the next couple of weeks.
jobdf
regular poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Seven Choral Preludes including Nun komm der Heiden Heiland

Post by jobdf »

You will find seven Choral preludes (Edition: Harmonia-Uitgave Hilversum) at:

http://imslp.org/wiki/7_choral_preludes ... edemann%29