Beethoven & Mozart Symphonies arranged for 2 pianos 8 ha

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

pianoferas

Beethoven & Mozart Symphonies arranged for 2 pianos 8 ha

Post by pianoferas »

Hello everybody!
I'm an italian piano teacher and I'm searching for Beethoven & Mozart Symphonies arranged for 2 pianos 8 hands, and for pieces for 4 or more piano players as well. The only Symphony I found on IMSLP is Beethoven's fifth.
Can someone help me?
Thank you in advance.
Fabio
aldona
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by aldona »

I have just added another version of the Fifth that was not there before (2 pianos, 8 hands, arr. by Theodor Kirchner).

I can't find any of the others at the moment - will keep looking.

Aldona
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
jfarrington
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by jfarrington »

There are a bunch of multi-hand piano scores at the Sibley site (https://urresearch.rochester.edu/handle/1802/292). Our search capabilities aren't great, but if in the search box you type "8 hands" (yes, use the quotes around the phrase), you'll find 16 such scores we've digitized (including Ride of the Valkyries and the 1812!). However, the only Beethoven or Mozart we've done is the B5 Kirchner arrangement. We have Brahms 2, Schumann 4, and Tchaik 5 as the other symphonies we've digitized.
Jim
pianoferas

Post by pianoferas »

Four of my students played Beethoven's fifth and Ride of the Valkyries in a succesful public performance last May. I already found in urresearch Brahms 2 and Schumann 4, so I'm going to download Tchaik 5 and see the other scores.
I was looking for arrangements of Beethoven 6 and 9 and Mozart K550 and K551. Many thanks to jfarrington and aldona anyway.
Fabio