Bruckner and Mahler Requests

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

ZacPB189
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Bruckner and Mahler Requests

Post by ZacPB189 »

Bruckner: 9 Finale sketches (as many as possible)
Symphony 00 and 0 (in full score)
Helgoland
Psalm 150

Mahler: "Das Klagende Lied" Part 1 of 3 (Waldmarchen? I think)
Totenfeier (original version that predates Symphony 2's 1st movement)

*(all in full score)*
ZacPB189

Tr~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:)
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by daphnis »

And have you done any research on your own part to see if any of these are actually public domain? I have a feeling many are not. And as for Mahler, Das Klagende Lied is already up in full and vocal scores, and Totenfeier is most definitely under copyright worldwide.
ZacPB189
forum adept

Post by ZacPB189 »

I'm pretty sure all of the Bruckner ones are... (he donated all his originals to various Austrian Libraries, and most his originals were published before 1900.

as for the Mahler ones: I meant the 1st Part of Das Klagende Lied, the one up here is the last 2 of 3 parts (I can't even find it on sites that actually SELL scores (for money) :roll: )
ZacPB189

Tr~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:)
sbeckmesser
active poster

Re: Bruckner and Mahler Requests

Post by sbeckmesser »

The Bruckner 9 finale sketches are available but in relatively recent Bruckner Edition versions (their first publication which puts them under copyright). I had to pay good money for my copies. You might have better luck requesting the Mahler 9th manuscript score and the Mahler 10th sketches that were both published in facsimile.
ZacPB189
forum adept

Post by ZacPB189 »

sbeckmesser wrote:The Bruckner 9 finale sketches are available but in relatively recent Bruckner Edition versions (their first publication which puts them under copyright). I had to pay good money for my copies. You might have better luck requesting the Mahler 9th manuscript score and the Mahler 10th sketches that were both published in facsimile.
Thank you greatly for the info. :mrgreen: It's very helpful!
doodoo

Post by doodoo »

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have some Mahler manuscripts...

Anybody? :roll:
dr927

Post by dr927 »

I would love more Mahler orchestral scores such as the 3rd, 4th, and 7th....all of them would be nice. Also, is it really going to be years and years before some of the scores are unblocked?
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have some Mahler manuscripts...
That would be nice. Any idea where to get them?
Also, is it really going to be years and years before some of the scores are unblocked?
If they're taken from the critical edition set, then probably. If they're reprints of the first editions (Dover, Kalmus) then they'll be available. I am/was planning on finishing the remainder of the symphonies in full score, but from the critical editions. If someone else wants to upload first editions then kudos.