Rimsky Korsakov Trombone Concerto!!!!!

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Doronk
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Rimsky Korsakov Trombone Concerto!!!!!

Post by Doronk »

I was just wondering if any one has and can post the score on, because i'm really interested to see how the whole band thing works.......:)
audunsj
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Rimsky Korsakov Trombone Concerto!!!!!

Post by audunsj »

I've got it, but its tagged with "?. ?????? ??? http://WWW.PARTITA.RU" ... I can't remove it, but perhaps someone else can :D (The same problem applies for the Variations for Oboe...) Both editions are from the ?????? ???????? ?????????.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

I was able to remove the link at the top of every page, fortunately. It is now uplaoded. Pretty low resolution, but it's certainly better than nothing.
audunsj
forum adept

Post by audunsj »

Thanks! Would you be able to do the Variations also?
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Done. Most of the things on that site appear to be arrangements, which I suspect are not public domain - though it's hard to tell. Again, it's a fairly low-resolution scan, but still nice to have. I see you already uploaded the Clarinet Comcerto some time ago.
audunsj
forum adept

Post by audunsj »

Thanks! Yes I did, it didn't have the tags so it caused no problems. When I get the time I'll go through the partita.ru page, it looks quite decent compared to many other russian sites, but as you say a lot of what they got is arrangements and transcriptions.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

www.partita.ru has some very illegal things on it. For instance, browsing through the clarinet solo repertoire, the Abyss of the Birds from Messiaen's Quartet for the End of Time is there. Since Messiaen died in 1992, he isn't public domain anywhere in the world. Another one is Fantaisie Italienne by Eugene Bozza (d.1991). And a clarinet concerto by Vaclav Tucek, although written in the Classical era, seems to have been first published in 1973 (by Panton Praha, ed. Kratochvil), and although I'm not an expert on publisher's fonts, the partita.ru scan looks like it could be that edition with all the logos removed. The style is almost identical to other Panton editions I have. Although I can't find dates on Kratochvil, he seems to have been born in the 30s (won 3rd prize in something in 1953), and seems to have still been editing things as late as 1996. Unless the 1996 reference was a reprint of something he edited previously, he still wouldn't be public domain yet, even under a 20-year protection for an urtext.

Other websites, including the Clarinet Institute of Los Angeles have picked some of these up (e.g. the Tucek) and are distributing them.

I would be very wary of this site.
bsteltz
audunsj
forum adept

Post by audunsj »

You forgot "Here, there and everywhere" for brass quintet and the theme from «Looney Toons» arranged for saxophone quartet... It's a russian page, what would you expect? If you could find a russian page with sheet music downloads that doesn't violate any copyright laws I would be very much surprised. In the section ?????????? ??? ? ?????????? (a scanning guide) copyright is not mentioned at all, I have not found any reference to that term (copyright) anywhere at the site. Copyright and Russians has never made a couple, though originally it was the other way around: One of the reasons that Belaieff located his publishing house to Leipzig, Germany, was to protect the copyright of the works published from violations done elsewhere in Europe.

Point is that there might be some real gems hidden there for us to find that is PD.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

I'm sure that's true, and I'm not saying to stay away from it completely, just to check very carefully to make extra sure about the copyright status of what is there.
bsteltz
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

There are a number of Soviet-era arrangements there, so be sure to check on the death date of the arranger in question. Those of arrangers who died more than 50 years ago have a good chance of being free in both Canada and the USA, since very, very few NIEs were ever filed for arrangements. The only ones I know of are for Shostakovich's orchestrations of Mussorgsky and Gorchakov's orchestration of Pictures at an Exhibition.
Doronk
regular poster

Post by Doronk »

does any one by any chance, have a slightly clearer copy of the trombone concerto
audunsj
forum adept

Post by audunsj »

I don't. BUT if anyone is able to scan form the original source (i.e. Vol. 25 of Polnoe sobranie sochineiy) please pm me so i can have a look at the preface. A major problem discussed elsewhere on the forum, regarding the instrumentation (what does "basotti" mean a.s.o.) I am convinced that the answer to this is written in the preface (or Critical commentary) but I have no chance of check it myself. I read russian so that would be no problem... (Help :shock: )
Doronk
regular poster

Post by Doronk »

hey you can go onto the "Other" forum section and check my discussion which tries to answer the questions regarding the instrumentation
kalliwoda
active poster

Post by kalliwoda »

Just uploaded a better scan - enjoy
but someone among the moderators should then delete the low resolution version...