A Lane in Spain by Lewis - Lombardo

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

holaatodos
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

A Lane in Spain by Lewis - Lombardo

Post by holaatodos »

Hi, I have recently heard this song and I really like it. The composer isn't in the imslp project. His name is Lewis - Lombardo, and I would like to have the score of his song "A lane in Spain"

Thanks
Lyle Neff
active poster

Re: A Lane in Spain by Lewis - Lombardo

Post by Lyle Neff »

Apparently you're looking for Carmen Lombardo (July 16, 1903 - April 17, 1971), younger brother of Guy Lombardo. See Wikipedia.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
holaatodos

Post by holaatodos »

I have found a file in http://members.shaw.ca/smythe/archive.htm. In that file there are a lot of songs, and it is "A lane in Spain". The files are in MIDI format, can anybody help me to convert them to a score with the computer? I have the last version of Finale.

Oh, and the composer is not in the IMSLp project. And in other way, I think that in the imslp we can add and alphabetic list on the composers list, something that let you to choose the first letter of the composer you are looking for.

And thanks, Lyle
holaatodos

Post by holaatodos »

I converted the file opening it, bt i would like to now if there are any tips, because it isn't a good score; sometimes are chords for the ten fingers but if you listen the song you will realise it's wrong.

Sorry if i'm so tedious.
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

Considering the composer's death date, I'm guessing that this piece would not be eligible for IMSLP upload.

One copyright reviewers should chime in here, please.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)