military music scores

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

ph82
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

military music scores

Post by ph82 »

Hello
I'm looking for military scores (march) for wind brass band.
Cant somebody help me ?
Thank you

Pierre
(France)
Melodia
active poster

Re: military music scores

Post by Melodia »

Heh, good luck. They seem to be pretty evasive, and they DO show up, it's often in short score.
sbeckmesser
active poster

Post by sbeckmesser »

Aside from some Sousa facsimiles available at IMSLP, finding authentic (i.e. composer-arranged) full scores for band music is pretty difficult. As noted earlier, even today much of this music is available in only short score or piano arrangement, although full scores are usually available for pieces arranged for school bands (and likely, because of the date of arrangement, not PD). I myself have an interest in Prussian/Austrian march music of the early 20th century (the kind constantly referred to by the scores of Mahler). I have yet to come across an period-authentic full score to any of it, though recordings of some of the more famous marches (in arrangements of unattributed origin) are available, at least in Germany.

--Sixtus
JILLSTERN

Post by JILLSTERN »

TRY BANDMUSICPDF.ORG THERE ARE A LOT OF SCORES FOR BRASS AND MILITARY BANDS. A LOT OF THEM ONLY HAVE PARTS FOR D-FLAT PICCOLO, NOT C FLUTE THOUGH. I'M SURE YOU WILL FIND SOMETHING. GOOD LUCK
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

JILLSTERN wrote:TRY BANDMUSICPDF.ORG THERE ARE A LOT OF SCORES FOR BRASS AND MILITARY BANDS. A LOT OF THEM ONLY HAVE PARTS FOR D-FLAT PICCOLO, NOT C FLUTE THOUGH. I'M SURE YOU WILL FIND SOMETHING. GOOD LUCK
Please don't yell. :mrgreen:
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
Kalli
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Kalli »

Military music from which country do you need?