Bach First editions

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Bach First editions

Post by vinteuil »

Currently we have 4 of the 8 publications made by Bach in his lifetime (including the Art of Fugue, which was published posthumously and excluding Gott ist mein König, which wasn't really his choice to publish). It would be really awesome ( :roll: ) to have the other 4, namely the Musical offering, the Schübler Chorales, the Von Himmel Hoch variations, and the Clavierübung III. These are available in facsimiles. :D
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
Niels
regular poster

Re: Bach First editions

Post by Niels »

I think I might have it, but I am not sure. I got the digital Bach edition, which is an unedited collection of his work. Is that what you need?
vinteuil
Groundskeeper

Post by vinteuil »

The CD sheet music Digital Bach Edition is just the BGA, which IMSLP has. I'm talking about the first editions
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
Irishmaestro
forum adept

Post by Irishmaestro »

I recently posted the Bologna copy of the Musical Offering, and I put up the Vom Himmel Hoch variations a while ago. So, all that remains to be found and processed are the Dritter Theil der Clavier Übung, the Schübler Chorales, as well as a better scan of the Zweyter Theil der Clavier Übung (Italian Concerto\French Overture). I've had a quick scout around, but they don't seem to have been digitised by any libraries as of yet.

Also, it seems that someone has split up the scan I found of the Clavierübung II [I really can't remember where I found that, incidentally...]. It would be nice to have the option to download the entire book, particularly since Bach saw fit to have them published together. :lol: