Igor Stravinsky ballet parts

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

ThaSchwab
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Igor Stravinsky ballet parts

Post by ThaSchwab »

The ballets have finally been uploaded on a regional server (accessible on the IMSLP), which is great. I have all the scores on my computer already, but I'm wondering ... would anyone happen to have the orchestral parts to them?
vinteuil
Groundskeeper

Re: Igor Stravinsky ballet parts

Post by vinteuil »

The three russian ballets are still on the original stravinsky project page.
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
ThaSchwab
active poster

Post by ThaSchwab »

You misread my question. I'm asking for the individual parts to the ballets. For example, in the Rite of Spring, the first three parts uploaded would probably be the piccolo, flute, and alto flute.
vinteuil
Groundskeeper

Post by vinteuil »

Yes, the "Project Stravinsky" forum thread links to a page that contains an RAR with the parts for the three "russian" ballets at least.
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
sidrockafeller
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by sidrockafeller »

Actually, The OM Parts have neglected to include the complete set of parts to the Firebird (1910v). But I have a Violin 1 Part I can scan and send if anyone's interested. And it has no markings.

DRSRo
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by daphnis »

I've also recently acquired a complete set of parts for the 1910 suite and will be adding those soon. The 1919 re-orchestration, however, exists in the current form published by Kalmus and edited. Kalmus previously reprinted what looked to be a copyist's manuscript in the 1970's, but it is fraught full of mistakes and without lots of manual corrections is impossible to play from. Because of this I won't be including these parts and just recommend those interested to buy the corrected/edited ones directly from Kalmus.