Cuban Opening of Georges Gershwin

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Trebor33
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Cuban Opening of Georges Gershwin

Post by Trebor33 »

Good morning to all,
I am disappointed and surprised not to find on the site IMSLP the Cuban opening of Georges Gershwin.
Perhaps it exists under another name which I do not know.
I search the conductor and the equipment of orchestra of this opening for the good of the philharmonic orchestra of the R.A.T.P. in Paris.
Thanks for the assistant which you will be able to bring me.
Trebor33
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Cuban Opening of Georges Gershwin

Post by KGill »

It looks like the Cuban Overture was only published in its orchestral version in 1987 by Warner Bros. - the piano 4-hands version appeared in 1933. Since it was premiered in 1932, though, it should be eligible to upload onto the Canadian server here. Due to EU laws, though, it will be under copyright there until 1 Jan. 2013, so you wouldn't be able to access it anyway. (This all assumes no one edited the 1987 edition.) The full score can be bought here: http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/Cub ... re/1452912
Trebor33

Post by Trebor33 »

Hello,
I thank you for your answer. I would not wait for 2013, I am going to buy this music at www.sheetmusicplus.com
I hope to find the material of orchestra there in addition to the conductor
Greetings.
Trebor33
sounding

Post by sounding »

The Cuban Overture on the site (http://imslp.org/wiki/Cuban_Overture_%2 ... _George%29) is missing pg 14-15, can anyone upload missing pages? Thanks!
jossuk
active poster

Post by jossuk »

The score says non-PD in the U. S., but it downloaded immediately to my Massachusetts computer. And, yes, those pages are missing.
jossuk
active poster

Post by jossuk »

I see the score and full orchestra parts (string count 6, 6, 5, 4, 3) on the web site for Edition Zeta, apparently a Canadian publisher. Price is $105.50 (U. S. dollars).