Jongen op. 57

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

pocoallegro
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Jongen op. 57

Post by pocoallegro »

Does anyone have a copy to upload of Joseph Jongen's song cycle "Les fêtes rouges" op. 57? It was composed in 1918. Thanks!
Eric
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Jongen op. 57

Post by Eric »

Will keep a lookout for them, the description of the 2003 recording of them on Cypres is intriguing...
pocoallegro
forum adept

Post by pocoallegro »

Actually I was able to get them interlibrary loan, and they are copyright 1957 by CeBeDeM in Brussels, so I am assuming this is a no-go for posting. Thanks!
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Hrm. Well, "Calmes, aux quais déserts" which I think is part of opus 57 or may relate to it?... was first published by Chester in 1918. So that anyway I think one can upload (in that edition. Worldcat lists 6 libraries that have this Chester edition.) (See Worldcat, checking libraries that have only that edition.) (J. & W. Chester 209, 3754.)
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

pocoallegro, you might want to check the copy you have by CeBeDem. If memory serves, I've seen several of their scores and they were all reprints of earlier editions. Does it appear to be engraved or newly typeset? Does there seem to be anyone name associated with this edition?
pocoallegro
forum adept

Post by pocoallegro »

It looks to be a reproduction of a fair copy manuscript. I don't see much other information on the score other than the copyright notice.