Strauss Salome orchestra parts

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Sallen112
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Strauss Salome orchestra parts

Post by Sallen112 »

Does anyone out there have the Salome full opera orchestra parts? The dance of the seven Veils are already up there just wondering if the full opera parts would be up there thanks!
m.kowalski49
active poster

Re: Strauss Salome orchestra parts

Post by m.kowalski49 »

I have copies of both A & B parts of the 1st Violin part. I can have them up near the end of the week, but I don't think this will help your needs.

mk.49
madcapellan
regular poster

Post by madcapellan »

This would actually be appreciated if you could upload just those couple of parts.
m.kowalski49
active poster

Post by m.kowalski49 »

I can surely upload these parts (Violin 1a, 1b) but they will not be PD in the US

The copyright was assigned to Boosey and Hawkes in 1943.

So, it may be unlikely they will be available where I am located.

mk.49
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

They should be free in the US. First printing was before 1923.
m.kowalski49
active poster

Post by m.kowalski49 »

Those two parts are uploaded as 1 whole Violin part.

I tried the best I could to crop out a lot of the Blackness (around edges, due from leaving the cover open during the copying process) from the xeroxing of the original parts.

There is a few pages that has a few flaws. Page 27 (26 on the pdf file, on the original xerox there's a hand that got into the xerox) so 3 after 212 is a double bar, with cut time. Violin 1b has the same tutti up to the next double which is the 3/4 bar, as 1a. So if one were to copy and paste over this at their convenience.

Also on page 40 (39 of the pdf) at 254, 2after, it seems to be cut at the end of the stave. Its the same tutti (3 after double bar) on the 4th crochet of the 4 beat (pick up into 4 after)

Also, page 4 of the Vln 1a part is at the very end of the pdf. (Hence the page differentiation, mentioned in the above) I noticed this when I finished scanning it and finished cropping the parts down to 7.64 x 10

So the parts are complete.

mk.49

Would Dapnis care to review the part for eligibility??
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Dates of assignation have no bearing on the term of copyright. The US copyright of Salome commenced in 1905 with publication by Fürstner. If there had not been a renewal in 1933, it would have entered the US public domain that year (at the expiration of the initial 28-year term). The 1933 renewal secured another 28 years. The 1943 assignation to Boosey and Hawkes was a wartime expediency and did not alter the term of protection. The US copyright expired in 1962.
dulcamara 71

Post by dulcamara 71 »

Sallen4 wrote:Does anyone out there have the Salome full opera orchestra parts? The dance of the seven Veils are already up there just wondering if the full opera parts would be up there thanks!