La Gioconda orchestral parts

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

larafrancisc
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

La Gioconda orchestral parts

Post by larafrancisc »

Hi, there

My name is Francisco Lara, and I am the artistic director of the University of Valladolid Opera Project, in Spain.
Every year we put on a full scale opera production with University Orchestra, Chorus and professional soloists.
As you probably know Spain is going through drammatic budget cuts and so our budget has been reduced a great deal.

Our production for 2013 will be La Gioconda by Ponchielli and I was wondering if we could borrow the orchestral parts form anyone as we cannot afford to buy them from the publisher.

I would be very greatful if you could help us on this issue.

Yours
Francisco Lara
haydenmuhl
active poster

Re: La Gioconda orchestral parts

Post by haydenmuhl »

I checked WorldCat, and wasn't able to find parts to La Gioconda anywhere. Have you tried contacting any of the large opera companies in Europe to see if they have parts they may be able to lend or rent to you? If you can get a hold of them, you can copy or scan them for your own use, and perhaps upload them to IMSLP.
Classical Voices - a forum for classical singers
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Kalmus has a reprint edition for sale, but it's not cheap (1500.00 USD for a set of parts). Sooner or later, someone will post a set.
b4pires

Post by b4pires »

Hello, i want to play the dance of hours with my academic orchestra but the imslp doesn't have the intrument parts, anyone that can help me?

thanks