Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Kleinigkeiten
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

A Schubert Piano Trio...

Post by Kleinigkeiten »

Hi,

I’m looking for a piano solo arrangement of the Andante un poco mosso (2nd mov.) of Schubert’s Piano Trio D.898 (Op.99). I believe there’s one by Stark, but so far I’ve had zero luck finding it :(

Any help will be much appreciated,
Kleinigkeiten
jossuk
active poster

Re: A Schubert Piano Trio...

Post by jossuk »

I can see the 2nd movt. of the E-flat Trio arranged by Stark. Which source refers to a piano arrangement of the Andante un poco mosso from D. 898?
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Are we talking about Ludwig or Robert Stark here? Will try to see if I can find something... the former was known for his arrangements of Schubert works for piano solo (also wrote a biography? of Schubert ca.1835... I wonder if we've uploaded any of this to IMSLP, I'll check :) ), so I assume the former, but Robert Stark did this and that too (probably more for clarinet, though, I seem to recall... hrm. Well... Hrm!)
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Ok, 1835 seems to be a bad library estimate, since Stark was probably (unless it's a different Stark) born 1831. Anyhow,

"Stark, Dr. Ludw., Klassischer Hausschatz werthvoller u. seltener Instrumental, vorzugsweise Kammermusiksätze in neuen Uebertragungen f. Pfte... Heft 20. Schubert, F., Drei Sätze a. d. Trios Op. 99 u. 100", published 1875 (under Stark), suggests both trios were excerpted (this from HMB). Where this has gone to, I don't know.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

In fact, the one we have (of D929) - the one that says unidentified publisher etc.- is very very likely this Forberg edition of 1875. The plate number checks!
Kleinigkeiten
regular poster

Post by Kleinigkeiten »

Hi, mate,

So sorry I'm writing this so late! Too long story...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's Ludwig Stark we're talking about here ;) I've already got his (L.Stark's) arr. of the second mov. of the Op.100 (or D.929), and yes, it definitely must be the Forberg edition (Klassischer Hausschatz, etc...) Now the thing is, where do you think it might be?

I've tried other sites, even tried looking for it in other languages, Russian, German and French included, but no luck, and as for libraries...well, let's just say that after the shock I got when requestion Reinecke's scores of all Mozart's Piano Concertos in piano 2-hands arrangement from a German library which charged me the tiny amount of nearly 200 euros for them, I've rather lost my enthusiasm about looking for scores in libraries, except the ones in my country, and I've had no luck whatsoever there, either :evil: :(

Cheers for the interest in my request!
Adolfo
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Odd... BVB catalog for instance has a lot by Stark (original works and arrangements) but not these? Hrm. Sigh... *keeps looking too...*
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

I'm now becoming curious about Stark. This is not a tangent I ought to be going on. :) e.g., I wonder if the mass in mss. by "Luigi Stark" listed in an Italian library catalogue is, like some other works by "Luigi Stark" in those catalogues, by the same Stark? Why would they have an ms. of his- ok, why not... hrm... er- right- anyway....

("RM1316 Accademico A-Ms-1754 [antiche segnature:] 9 5 /5.3 su etichetta, 892 a matita sulla copertina" ; autografo incerto, [1811-1840] ;

RM1316 RMRAS Biblioteca e Archivio musicale dell'Accademia nazionale di S. Cecilia - Roma - RM - [fondo/collocazione] Accademico A-Ms-1754 - [collocazione precedente] 9 5 /5.3 su etichetta, 892 a matita sulla copertina)

(Hrm. If truly from 1811-1840, then ok, it's not "our" Ludwig Stark (1831-1884). Never mind then. Still curious what this is, of course, always. :) )
Last edited by Eric on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: no permalink, but