Mendelssohn Neue Liebe Op.19 No. 4 - E minor

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

unevenstone92
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Mendelssohn Neue Liebe Op.19 No. 4 - E minor

Post by unevenstone92 »

The keys both up and down a tone are already on the site, but I cannot find this key!

Thanks in advance for the help :)
jossuk
active poster

Re: Mendelssohn Neue Liebe Op.19 No. 4 - E minor

Post by jossuk »

The original key seems to be F# minor; the D minor version posted on IMSLP is identified as for low voice. If there is a medium voice public domain version available in the key you seek, somebody will have to find and post it.
unevenstone92

Post by unevenstone92 »

Yes, that's correct. I've heard some mezzo-sopranos sing it in the E minor key, so I assume it must be out there somewhere. Thanks!
jossuk
active poster

Post by jossuk »

Actually, the fact that a song is performed in a particular key is no guarantee that the piece is published in that key. The job description of any respectable accompanist has always included the ability to put a song into the key desired by the recitalist. Having a published edition in the key of choice is convenient, but barring that happy circumstance, the only option would seem to be a do-it-yourself effort. For the especially gifted pianist, that goal might be accomplished at sight. Otherwise, today's computer notation programs with transposition capabilities can make that task a bit easier.
unevenstone92

Post by unevenstone92 »

Yes, that was my other option if a published copy in that key wasn't available. I suppose transposing it on Sibelius is what I will have to do. Hmm, not looking forward to the task of initial inputting! Thank you for the help.
jossuk
active poster

Post by jossuk »

If you want to save time and you're willing to spend $5, there is a legal site that will let you have the song transposed: http://www.onlinesheetmusic.com/six-son ... 52001.aspx