Vivaldi - Double Horn Concerto in F Major RV 539

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Noey
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Vivaldi - Double Horn Concerto in F Major RV 539

Post by Noey »

Does anybody have the Double Horn Concerto in F Major RV 539 by Vivaldi? I have been searching for it practically everywhere and have not been able to find it. If you have it, please upload it! Thank you!
Eric
active poster

Re: Vivaldi - Double Horn Concerto in F Major RV 539

Post by Eric »

Hrm. I think it was first published in 1951 by Ricordi (and no, it's not public domain in Canada, since the editor was, as with the other Ricordi editions, Malipiero, so those editions don't become PD there until 2024...) - so probably no luck - excepting uploading a manuscript- unless I'm getting confused by quiddities of modern law, again which is getting easy to do :)
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Oh, hrm, maybe it was published in 1930. this might be it (2 corni da caccia- which is what Vivaldi called them, though I gather he probably did mean horns, according to some quick reading up I just did- and the Worldcat entry doesn't elucidate (which catalogue - P (321?) /Fanna (10/2) (RV wasn't in use in 1930 but a catalogue entry might still use it for user-friendliness :) ) ) that the work is...). Reduction/editing etc. by people I think have been dead for awhile, like Straube (1873-1950), but will check. Don't know what library has the score, but Worldcat doesn't cover everything (or every part of every library they do cover.) (Reason one asks is, there are -two- double horn concertos, 538 / 320 / 10/1, and 539 / 321 / 10/2 (going by RV / P / Fanna "numbers".) (One big difference is that 538 has a slow movement Largo in D minor; all 3 movements of 539 are in F major, the 2nd of them a Larghetto I gather.)
Last edited by Eric on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: and,... furthermore
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Erm, let me amend that. The Straube/Raphael edition is for a concerto in F for 2 horns, oboe, violin, etc. and strings and continuo, not 2 horns, strings and continuo- possibly RV 568 or 569, not 539 (looking at Quebec.) My bad. So yes, I think RV 539 maybe was published too recently edited by someone who died too recently... (to be uploaded legally, I mean, except if someone finds a manuscript (autograph or copy) and uploads -that-, I think... don't quote me :D )