L.Gruenberg violin concerto, A.Casella violin concerto

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Din
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

L.Gruenberg violin concerto, A.Casella violin concerto

Post by Din »

Hello. Help me please with scores by Louis Gruenberg violin concerto and A.Casella violin concerto (violin and piano part). Who can download these scores on iMSLP? I would be very grateful to you. Thank you.
steltz
active poster

Re: L.Gruenberg violin concerto, A.Casella violin concerto

Post by steltz »

Louis Gruenberg died in 1964, so he is covered by copyright world-wide at the moment, and will be public domain from 2015, but only in the life+50 year countries. He will be in the public domain in 2035 in life+70 countries.

Alfred Casella died in 1947. He is in the public domain now, but only in the life+50 year countries. He will be in the public domain in 2018 in life+70 countries.
bsteltz
Eric
active poster

Re: L.Gruenberg violin concerto, A.Casella violin concerto

Post by Eric »

That answer is a bit general and only speaks of the composers, not the works in question- and since not all of Gruenberg's works -are- necessarily copyrighted even in the US, especially if some were published prior to 1923, it may even be inaccurate.

In the case of his violin concerto of 1944, which seems to have been published in 1980, this is copyright everywhere and will be for some time.

As to the Casella, his violin concerto is PD-CA only (in the P(ublic) D(omain) only in CA(nada) and similar regions, to expand-out the terminology we use here!!)...

though not for the reason you mention (alone): this is true not just because Casella died in 1947, but because the concerto was not published until 1929. (I don't know when it was composed.)
Last edited by Eric on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reasons --> regions, regions, the word is "regions", Ericles...