Mahler: Blumine from Symphony No.1

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

zachtay
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Mahler: Blumine from Symphony No.1

Post by zachtay »

Hello everyone. I'm wondering if someone could please help me with finding score and parts for Mahler's Blumine? Looks like we only have an autograph of the music.

Much appreciated, hope someone's able to help me out. Thanks very much!

Zach, Orchestre Nouveau, Melbourne AUS
Eric
active poster

Re: Mahler: Blumine from Symphony No.1

Post by Eric »

Worldcat, anyway, lists no publication more recent than 1967, which we wouldn't be able to carry until 2018, I think. Maybe the Austrian (ÖNB) Musiksammlung library (which is more comprehensive about a number of such things) might be helpful though if there were an earlier publication...-

Eric S.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Eric wrote:Maybe the Austrian (ÖNB) Musiksammlung library [...]
The only result here is a 1967 edition: http://search.obvsg.at/primo_library/li ... mode=Basic (searching online-or-not results)

BTW what is the problem with the imslp manuscript? "Error creating thumbnail: The thumbnail for this file has not been created yet"
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Ok, at least that's not just me. I've been getting a _lot_ of that lately.
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

Sorry to be moving this thread off topic but look at the page for Dvořák's Cello Concerto, Op.104. All the submitted scores are displaying thumbnails on the page but if you look at the underlying code there is no |Thumb Filename= used anywhere. Apparently, Feldmahler has introduced some method of automatically generating and displaying thumbnails from the PDF files. Perhaps we are seeing the error creating thumbnail message simply because the thumbnail creating process hasn't reached those files yet.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

actually, that's an interesting innovation. hopefully it will be possible to override its choice of thumbnail since the default choice (first page of PDF?) will often not be the best one (for any number of reasons).
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

The movement was actually performed, so any first publication term in Canada expired on 1/1/2003 - for the work itself, not necessarily the edition.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

coulonnus wrote:BTW what is the problem with the imslp manuscript? "Error creating thumbnail: The thumbnail for this file has not been created yet"
I discovered that when you click the big down arrow the score doesn't show up but it is deposited into your "my documents" folder. Then you can open it.