Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Sadrobotsings
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Arrangements by Max Laurischkus

Post by Sadrobotsings »

Hey gang!

I'm trying to get my hands on some practically unknown arrangements by Max Laurischkus. The first is an arrangement of an Entr'Acte from Schubert's incidental music to Rosamunde, for Piano, Oboe, Flute, and Clarinet. I think it's this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq5RwMlRWec (it would make great chamber music!) It was reprinted by Rosewood Publications in 2003, but I'm more interested in the original edition. A quick search on WorldCat shows that copies are held in the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, and in the library at UC Santa Cruz.

The other piece is almost more exciting, it's his arrangement of ten Brahms songs for Clarinet and Piano. (Zehn leichte stücke nach liedern fur klarinette und klavier). The only copies I can find are held in in the libraries of the University of Melbourne and (likewise) UC Santa Cruz.

What do you guys think? Are there any Australians/Santa Cruzians here?

Thanks!
Choralia
Site Admin

Re: Arrangements by Max Laurischkus

Post by Choralia »

Some "Zehn lieder / J. Brahms ; leichte übertragung für klavier zu zwei händen von Max Laurischkus" (Simrock, 1900; 19 pages) seems available at the library of Accademia di Santa Cecilia here in Rome. Is this what you're looking for? Maybe not, I guess it's for piano only.

Max
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

I have this arrangement of Schuberts Rosamunde in my private library. Scanning it not so easy, because the format is rather big. But i will try to scan and upload
the music in the next weeks.
Sadrobotsings
regular poster

Post by Sadrobotsings »

That's awesome! Thanks so much!
Sadrobotsings
regular poster

Post by Sadrobotsings »

Choralia wrote:Some "Zehn lieder / J. Brahms ; leichte übertragung für klavier zu zwei händen von Max Laurischkus" (Simrock, 1900; 19 pages) seems available at the library of Accademia di Santa Cecilia here in Rome. Is this what you're looking for? Maybe not, I guess it's for piano only.
Yeah, I don't think so. It seems that sometimes he arranged the same stuff for different groups, and did a lot for piano four hands. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing what this piece is like either!
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

I uploaded the Laurischkus arrangement of Rosamunde today.
Sadrobotsings
regular poster

Post by Sadrobotsings »

Coool! Thanks so much!!
Sadrobotsings
regular poster

Post by Sadrobotsings »

I saw today that Laurischkus' Zehn leichte stücke nach liedern fur klarinette und klavier has been added to the Hathitrust Digital Library. My school does not subscribe to the service, otherwise I would do it myself, but would someone who has access to this be willing to download this and upload to IMSLP?