Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Amatus2
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Johann Christian Schieferdecker - Musicalische Concerte

Post by Amatus2 »

Hello
I'm currently looking for Schieferdecker's (also written as "Schiefferdecker") major instrumental works, his "Musicalische Concerte". There should be 13 compositions in the manner of the French Ouverture-Suite, but I couldn't find any digitalised copies of them. Also there are only 2 Orchestras who recorded some of his concerts on CD I know, namely the "Elbipolis Barockorchester" and the "Akademie für alte Musik Berlin". I was able to buy his first Concert in A minor from the guy who did a typeset for the latter 10 years ago, and the copyright of course impedes me to upload it here on IMSLP.
However, if anyone finds some of his works and uploads them here, I'd be most grateful!

At the moment I'm most interested in his Concert No. 13 in C minor…
Here's a link to some Concerts from the Elbipolis Orchestra: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnG7RlPl08s

Thank you in advance and best regards…
LA
Notenschreiber
active poster

Re: Johann Christian Schieferdecker - Musicalische Concerte

Post by Notenschreiber »

Amatus2
regular poster

Post by Amatus2 »

Hi!
Thanks for this interesting article! The writer mentions Schieferdecker and includes some Excerpts in his book, but did not give any sources where he had the sheet music from…
However, I got in Contact again with the typesetter, Mr.Ihlenfeldt, and he told me he knows of 2 libraries where the first editions from 1713 can be found. That'll be the library of Wiesentheid in Germany (RISM S 1598), and a library in Lund, Sweden… Sadly, there is no scan available from the libraries' online catalogue…

And as I live in Switzerland I don't have direct access to them.

I contacted the library in Lund, hopefully they have a digitalised sheet music...

And if all fails, Maybe in the far future, someone will make a scan of it… :)

cheers!
Amatus2
regular poster

Post by Amatus2 »

I wrote the library and they actually did send me the whole score! :D :D
I'm happy to see that a page has already been made for Schieferdecker little time ago; I'll upload the Concertos from time to time and, if time allows it, will do new editions...
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

Which library did send you a copy?
Amatus2
regular poster

Post by Amatus2 »

The Univerity library of Lund in Sweden... Their system does not allow a guest (non student) to see into the pdfs occuring in the catalogue, but still I could see that they had his Concertos, so I wrote them directly and they were super nice and sent me their scans directly...