Pellegrino Tomeoni - allegro in g major

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

apaphpmys
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Pellegrino Tomeoni - allegro in g major

Post by apaphpmys »

Hi there!

I'm looking for the score, but I could only find a record which played by Michelangeli.

Sorry for my lousy english. :cry:
Eric
active poster

Re: Pellegrino Tomeoni - allegro in g major

Post by Eric »

I doubt that's the original name of the piece. Sounds more like its name as it found its way through editors and/or arrangers and/and/and; often such things were - so far as their composers were concerned, once upon a time... - Allegro (or Vivace, ...) movements of larger pieces. What are the first few notes? :)

(What's more, most of the music of Tomeoni listed at the website opac.rism.info is not only not for solo keyboard instrument, it involves voices in some way, often big liturgical pieces like Magnificats...)
David Campbell
active poster

Post by David Campbell »

It could originally be an organ piece. A number of his published organ works were reissued in a Barenreiter collection in 1986. (Musiche per organo del Settecento lucchese - Tomeoni pieces per Henderson 3rd edition listed below.) Two possible candidates would be the Offertorio in G and a post Comunio in G. I've not seen these or any other of his works.

11 Versetti
Elevazione in minor
Offertorio in C
Offertorio in E minor
Offertorio in G
Post Comunio in D
Post Comunio in G
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Ah, thanks. If anyone has the Bärenreiter edition, well, one can hear Michelangeli's recording of the "Allegro" on Youtube... that might help with any comparisons. I'm guessing that the works in the Bärenreiter edition are his "published" organ works only in the sense that "sure, well, they're published now".... - not in the usual sense-in-this-context of published as in, published during his lifetime or not much after...

Hrm, that said, I see @ SBN

"Regole pratiche per accompagnare il basso continuo, espostein dialoghi per facilitare il possesso alla principiante gioventù / da Pellegrino Tomeoni lucchese..." ©1791&1795... maybe it's a work out of that book :)
David Campbell
active poster

Post by David Campbell »

Henderson isn't specific on the date but indicates (at least to me, i.e., "he published") that they were published during the composer's lifetime.
apaphpmys

Post by apaphpmys »

Thanks for your help! But still I could not get the score of the song :cry:

I found a youtube link, Tomeoni's allegro played by Michelangeli =>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8UeZd09pa0
ctesibius
active poster

Post by ctesibius »

It the Post Comunio from the Toccate per Organo del Signor Pellegrino Tomeoni Maestro di Cappella di Camajore ed altri autori from the musical library of the Sanctuary of La Verna.

I just uploaded the score
Ctesibius
apaphpmys

Post by apaphpmys »

@ctesibius I really appreciate your help! That is what I was looking for. Thank you so much :D