Mozart String Quartet K387 - Better Score?

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

adamrsweet
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Mozart String Quartet K387 - Better Score?

Post by adamrsweet »

The score that's listed in the IMSLP database is in script and very difficult to read. I'm wondering if someone has the parts scanned from the Peters edition, or where I can get PDF's of it?
coulonnus
active poster

Re: Mozart String Quartet K387 - Better Score?

Post by coulonnus »

Do you mean a score in http://imslp.org/wiki/String_Quartet_No ... g_Amadeus)? Then what is the long number beginning with a "#"?
jfarrington
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by jfarrington »

You can get access to the score in the Neue Mozart Ausgabe by going to http://www.nma.at/. Search using the KV number.
Jim
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

Don´t understand. The parts of the Peters Edition are on the workpage of K387 since 2006.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Confused...?? Not exactly sure what you mean by long thing starting with a # unless you're referring to the "anchor" (the thing that puts you in the middle of a webpage rather than the beginning of it)- which we do use when we link from --- for example --- the IMSLP main page to a new file- to get you to the newly-arrived file which could be hidden somewhere inside a large, busy page and hard to find (as when someone adds a new arrangement to a well-known Mozart or Beethoven or Bach work (e.g.), one wants to link directly to the arrangement rather than have the user hunt for it among all the other files on the page...- anchors are aweigh...

a way... :D - to do that.)

On another note (arrangement of and dynamic signs and...), - the NMA score isn't the same as the Peters edition. Much newer thing, though I gather an even newer "Urtext" - a NewerNewer Mozart Edition - is in progress, and not for nothing; some of the manuscripts that had gone missing (into the USSR, often. Sometime around 1945. I sympathize given the context, but that's not here nor there. A well-known story yes?) at the time that the 1960s-80s NMA was compiled are now being returned, allowing a NMA to be compiled with scholarly access to even more of the original manuscripts and materials than before. This is, I think, a Good Thing for Mozart fans...